Tuesday, May 4, 2010

A Shock of a Lifetime

This past weekend, I was at a life-time friend's place for a bbq dinner.
I've known him forever, and his wife for over 17 years. 

I've always heard the adage that you never really truly know someone ...I thought I knew my buddy's wife well...how wrong I was.  Well, Sunday was a night of shock for me.

I am sitting there watching television and chatting with the buddy's wife when she gets up grabs a nail clipper, walks over to the kitchen sink and starts to cut her nails over the kitchen sink!!!!!!  Talk about Shock and Awe.

My mind processed what I saw in this order:
1) Shocked/frozen in horror
2) A frantic attempt to rationalize this behaviour
3) An even more frantic attempt to remember all the past foods consumed in her kitchen to identify any strange bits I may have spit out and dismissed as a "fish bone" or "chicken bone".

Am I overreacting here?  I think anytime you are cutting off growing body parts/grooming, you should do so in the washroom - bathroom, for you Americans out there. 

I do believe she truly couldn't understand why I was so aghast. 
Next time, to help her understand, I'll bring my triple blade razor and do some 'manscaping' of my testes at her Kitchen sink.  Let's see if that hits the point home.

2 comments:

  1. seriouly, dude - what's the big deal??? i rinsed the sink and all the nastiness away afterwards! geeesh...some people are so sensitive! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. btw - that pic of that anonymous groin is GROSS!!

    ReplyDelete