Monday, May 10, 2010

200 Pound Beauty - A film worth watching

I cried.  I'll admit it.  But not a sad, painful type of crying - more of a gentle, touched by empathy type of tears.
This movie is ridiculous.  The notion someone could survive such a nonsensical procedure is, in itself, fiction. 
But, it works.  It works so well, on so many levels:  comedy, slice of life, drama. 

It was a real pleasure to watch.  And I was able to actually sit through it two more times after viewing it once already.
Yes, I still teared up the second and third time around.  The ost song is actually quite touching too.
It also made me realize how superficial society is and how Korea, in particular, can be a horrible place for those who are deemed social misfits, either by physical difference or mental or emotional difference.

This movie is available for online viewing/streaming through www.mysoju.com.
Or, you can go to stagevu.com to stream in divx quality.

One person wrote on the imdb.com forums:
I can't even imagine how Hollywood would mess this beautiful movie up - stick in famous people ; change a story line here and there - All the Heart will be ripped out of the movie, and it will bomb. It will be some cute-sy comedy that will make a small bleep on the movie radar, and then fade out into anonymity. The only people that will remember it are fat girls that liked the fact that the lead actor missed the old Hannah.

I loved this movie. It made me cry (And I don't admit that for any movie) I think they should re-release it to an American Audience, as is, as an indie movie, or foreign flick, or whatever they call it.

This Movie has heart.


I can't agree more.  I recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment